photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Monday, November 16, 2009

The Secret Life of an Etsy Photographer

Here's what most people see of my etsy pics. You don't usually get to see the mess ups and do-overs...


















I find myself wondering if my neighbors are hopelessly confused by my strange antics outside. Such as bringing a stool out on the front porch and then putting a globe on it and taking a picture of it. And then rolling up my sweatpants and pulling a pair of tights up to my knees so I can model shoes while simultaneously photographing them. Have you ever tried this? It looks crazy. And sometimes the camera falls over while you have it precariously tilted to capture your vintage blue suede pumps. Yep. If they are watching they are thinking, "That's one weird neighbor we got there."

They'll forget all about my weirdness when I bring them their Christmas cookie plate.

4 comments:

Into Vintage said...

Hilarious! Your neighbors would probably like to compare notes with my neighbors...fortunately they're too polite ask what in the world I'm doing out there. -amy

Tally said...

Yep I've totally been there. The only way I could muster the courage was to pretend I was a professional photographer who everyone respected. Whoever was watching me was secretly in awe. I love the tights and shoes idea. Genius. And you are right. NOTHING beats natural light. Keep it up!

Tiffany said...

I love this! My neighbors probably wonder the same thing, when I pull an old chair and vintage suitcases into my yard, prop my children dressed in vintage garb up on them and do a photo shoot! Ahh well!

Unknown said...

This made me laugh and laugh and laugh. LOVE the tights! Hope you sell the shoes soon!

Blogging tips