photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

He says it a little more eloquently

For those of you who "got" what I just posted, I listened to Rob Bell's "Learning to Lament in a culture of denial" just now and thought...that's what I'm trying to say.

Contrary to what people often think, the key to
easing peoples suffering is not in offering
some insidious theodicy but in allowing a
place for people to mourn and to meet others
who know what it is to have been burned by
that black sun.

Peter Rollins

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he always makes things sounds so balanced.

gerbmom said...

YES! YES! YES!

I <3 Peter Rollins!

Heidi said...

That says it all. Just hear my lament and mourn with me.

Blogging tips