photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Famous Dave's...Fan-freakin'-tastic BBQ

I think I have a new favorite restaurant. We went to Famous Dave's BBQ today after church and it was amazing. One, it was nice to have a different selection of food, other than the latest combo from Applebees. And two, it was just great food: I had a Texas Brisket sandwich with their Texas style BBQ sauce (there are six to choose from on the table); I took a risk and ordered the potato salad on the side....good risk. It was nearly as good as my friend, Don's. Also came with these sweet pickles that you thought were just sweet and then they reach out and smack the inside of your mouth with red-pepper HOT. Crazy good food. Next time, I plan to try the "sammy" Memphis style...with slaw on top. Robb had a platter of ribs and he didn't even offer me any....that means they were too good to share with ME, she who bore his children. So, come visit and we'll take you to FD's.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I NEED to go there!

Anonymous said...

Need to try the chop pork BBQ. It two is to die for. There is on in Saginaw that we went to. It is very good food.

Unknown said...

huh, I drive by one of these on my way to work...how about you Cathy?

Cathy said...

I do as well. We even ate there once, but unlike Ness I was a little underwhelmed. Maybe my expectations going in were to high. Or maybe I just ordered the wrong thing. Though, right now, I don't exactly remember what that was.

Vanessa said...

what???? YOu mean i didn't have to move south to eat this stuff???? Well shoot.

they had a bunch of trophies out side...did your place have trophies??????

Blogging tips