photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Friday, April 02, 2010

And Then There Were Two



I'm not sure why I put off giving Mattie her own room for so long, but I must admit that since separating them, there has been much more peace in this house. And beyond peace, there have been lovely moments when I find the girls playing together sweetly like I don't remember them ever doing before.  Mattie is happy and easy to get a long with and their rooms are generally clean and easy to keep that way.  It was a huge, stressful project that I did not want to do, but the end result is totally worth it.  It will be fun, too, as time goes on, looking for a few more things to add to Mattie's room.


Ironically, one of the biggest things that kept us from making this move was the question of "Where will the tv go?"   It dawned on me that for something we want to exercise mastery over, it sure was making us miserable.  It was a huge relief then, when the cable company carried through on shutting off the cable as we requested.  Now that tv is only usable for watching dvds and movies, which Mattie has agreed to "be cool" with when the other kids want to watch something on weekend evenings.

2 comments:

akr said...

I remember struggling with sharing a room with my sister and desperately wanting my own space. I was so glad when mom and dad moved things around for me to have a room in the basement. It was freedom!

Mini Me's Room said...

wish I had my own room. still stuck sharing one though :( sigh...someday.(hint-hint:mom)

Blogging tips