photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Friday, April 24, 2009

Heartbreak


Please pray for Matt and Karen today and for many days to come. Through a long and painful process, they are being ordered to take their baby across the country and give her back to a birth mother who seems less than reliable or even genuine in her reasons for changing her mind after four months. Pray for us to be able to forgive her for hurting us so much. Pray for Karen and Matt's emptiness to be filled. Pray for my Mother-in-Law who cherishes her role as grandma and has bonded to this little girl as much as Karen and Matt. Pray for Emilie Grace who will feel so much confusion and loss as her world is changed. Pray for her future. Or maybe, just cry for us.


My brother in law wrote this just a few days ago on their family blog:

From the first time I saw you, I knew I was blessed

My precious Emilie Grace, cuter than the rest

With a full head of hair, all black and wild

You couldn’t look more like my very own child

Adopted with love into our family

Felt crazy joy when the doctor said you looked like me

Spent Christmas in the hospital to be with you

You’re living proof that dreams do come true



From the first night, I watched you in your crib sleeping

And heard you cry for your three a.m. feeding

Then I cradled you in my arms and felt my heart melt

I knew then I loved you more than life itself

I kissed you and asked God my prayer to heed

Make me a good daddy; all that you need

To take you from being my precious little baby

To one day being a godly young lady



From the first time I held you snug in my arms

I knew I’d meet death before I let you meet harm

But life doesn’t always go as we planned

Leaving noble intentions and empty hands

Now there may come a time when I’ll be gone

Not because I don’t love you – sometimes life goes wrong

But know I love you, Emilie, and where’er life may lead you

You’re always in my heart and my prayers ever heed you.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my. my heart is heavy today for you and your family.

Jess said...

Many tears and prayers for your family Ness....

Tammi said...

Oh how utterly heartbreaking. :(

Thinking of your family today.

carahinojosa said...

Praying...and crying...

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh. I can't stop crying. I will pray all night for a miracle for the baby. So, so sad.

Tally said...

So so sad. I am praying for you guys.

Heidi said...

This is so heartbreaking. I'm still praying for a miraculous intervention.

klasieprof said...

There are just SO many things wrong with this. Words cannot express.

HE will ALWAYS be a dad, SHE will ALWAYS be a mom. You know how often I have had to put up with this type of stupid injustice from the system.
THANK GOD that you rescued your daughter from an unknown future.

I've been thinking about this post for days...I'm...Verclempt.
...Talk about what is right, talk about what is just...oh thats right ..those topics don't enter this conversation.

Hannah said...

....I don't even know what to say.

Unknown said...

Are there any new updates on this situation. I keep praying for a miracle. My heart breaks for them Vanessa. Really, truly breaks.

Stephanie said...

My heart breaks. I am so, so sorry.

Blogging tips