photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Housel Silhouette Pictures



I found a couple of these in my travels to and fro and really liked them. When I started to research the name, to my absolute delight, I found one of the original handmade success stories. Kaye Housel started making silhouette pictures for a school fund raiser back in 1946 and now, there are three generations of silhouette makers in her family. I think you will enjoy this story.

1 comment:

gerbmom said...

When I was young my mom decided she wanted to try her hand at these. She did one of every member of the family and they hung on our family room wall for years......

Blogging tips