photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

goodbye, Baby


I sold about half of my mosaic projects last week, and I already shipped out three of them yesterday. I have to admit that it broke my heart a little to send them away. I really do love my goofy little projects. Sending them out to the big, big world is a little bit hard to do. I will miss this one the most:

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I have been admiring that for the past week. I wish I'd had some extra cash...it is such a beautiful piece.

tammi said...

Wait a SECOND.
I'm trying to wrap my brain around that one.
What exactly is that made of?? Are you telling me that picture is made from broken bits of pottery? Explain!

It's excellent, by the way. :)

Vanessa said...

oh no...not this one. My schtick is using parts and pieces that are useless on their own, together. This piece is made of two old frames, a bit of wallpaper, the tattered cover of a 1920's catalog and some kind of fantastic embroidered doily.

I have drawers full of "bits" that I want to put together in this way. It has to do with my new england proverb thing...using things up...especially when they are still so pretty.

sorry to confuse!

Blogging tips