photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Thursday, September 13, 2007

D.U.M.B.

I was cleaning out my office cupboard yesterday. I was sorting the kid's papers, sitting on the floor, and somehow managed to flick the corner of a 8X11 piece of card-stock into my eye. This resulted in ...no kidding...a scratch on my cornea. That's right folks, I sustained a organizational, paper-related ocular injury.

My vision is quite blurry in my right eye, which was VERY noticeable when I drove to the grocery store last night after dark.

No worries...It sounds like a big deal, but a scratched cornea is actually pretty common. When I read about it online, possible ways of incurring this injury actually included...

...pieces of paper.

Like any scrape, it should heal in 1-3 days and the blurriness should subside barring infection.


Still. Pretty dumb.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I at least you didn't glue your eyes shut again.
Ron actually scratches his up alot--because he sleeps with his eyes open...it still freaks me out sometimes but I suppose when your eyes are as big as his....

WORKING MOM said...

I had my eye scratched one time by a child's toe nail. Now that was freaky, and the ER doc was none too happy. I had a patch for a week.

Unknown said...

Court beat me to it, but here goes.

Why don't you just get the superglue out again and play with it? That is sure to fill in said scratch whilst it heals, or at least glue your eyelashes together so that it can heal. Oh, wait, you've already done that!

Yeah, it is that funny.

I know what I'm getting you for Christmas now. A pair of those super funky goggles we used to have to wear in Jr. High science class. Heck, they're probably considered vintage now. You'll just have to wear them at all times for maximum protection.

yonderincarp said...

alright, i've GOT to hear the glue story...

Unknown said...

Sounds like the glue episode deserves a post of its own.

Blogging tips