photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Thursday, March 22, 2007

God in the Equation

I was not a good math student. I actually had my 8th grade teacher tell me that he knew I wasn't deranged, but he just couldn't figure out how I could screw it up so much.

That being said, I like the concept of equations. I like the predictable idea of putting certain concepts together in a way that will equal other concepts.

It's kind of an oxymoron to put God in an equation...certainly he is unpredictable. But on the other hand, I've been thinking about our situation and the situations of some of my dear friends...

Without God, none of it makes much sense and there is little to be hopeful about. I wish I could express without cliche how much of a diffence He really does make. My life would be hopeless without Him. It would make no sense. He opens up the possibility that inspite of all our choices, all our mistakes, all of our well-intentioned, but misguided assumptions, GOOD will prevail in the end, HOPE is a logical conclusion, and GRACE is just around the corner.

I guess that is why I've reached another plateau of hope. Things are not great in some ways. I have a big fork in the road ahead of me and no indication of what I can/should do. But I feel really confident and hopeful that God will do what needs to be done. I'm not paralyzed by fear...I'm not even allowing it to vote in my decision-making. I hope my confidence is contagious.

2 comments:

klasieprof said...

The Local Church sign in downtown St. Louis Michigan has been reading this for the last few weeks...I have to tell you, equation wise..it just creeps me out.
"The Best equation:
1 cross + 2 Nails= 4 given

Anonymous said...

Jesus is definitely and has been my only hope....where would i be without him?

Lost or dead...literaly.

Blogging tips