photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Monday, December 04, 2006

Monday Morning Church

I was in the nursery yesterday loving on the babies (of which there seem to be more and more of all the time!) so I got my first taste of yesterday's service via video this morning. Robb was finally successful in getting the video to work on the website! WHOO HOO! He is going to try to get the video up from last week as well (the celebration of grace service at the end of Job) and the rest of the advent series in the future. It must have sounded funny while I was singing with my computer this morning, and it was cool to be able to listen to the sermon while mindlessly deleting old photos from my webhost. And I'm sure the feeling of love and warmth that is growing in my heart for the people at VF was helped along by the party at Kevin and Mary's house last night. I know I'm not the only one who had a fantastic time...I, who usually hate parties, laughed until my sides ached. Mary's food had us mingling and snacking all night and we just had the best time. I told Robb on the way home that this was first time I really believed that I could be happy again. It's becoming clear to me that the thing I have been missing so desperately at VF was the feeling of family. That feeling of community is beginning to grow.

I feel nervous about putting the service up for public consumption. The same way I feel nervous "live." It is like getting naked in front of critical strangers. I know that there are people out there who will click on it and say, "Your sound sucks!" or "I don't like...blah blah blah. You know what? Vintage is a church for anyone, but it isn't a church for everyone. If you are put off by something, I guess that is too bad, but know that we love our God deeply and we are offering our whole selves at Vintage to Him and to one another. I love our church. I love our people. I can't wait for what's to come...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That party was possibly the most important experience I have had yet at Vintage. I didn't have any responsibility, so I could relax and enjoy it. When so many people came, and we had such a good time, I found myself not caring what I was missing on tv, not being drained, and having a freaking hysterical time. That is what church should be, and we've got it. How cool is that?

word ver.= mjagmimi I don't know what that means but it made me giggle.

Vanessa said...

dude...you are in serious need of tivo.

Blogging tips