photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Friday, January 27, 2006

This week from the Library...

Here are some of the things I have out from the libary right now:


Country Living's "Living with Collections Decorating Book" I confess that I only took this out so I could count how many things I have sold or have yet to sell on ebay and get any tips on other things I could be selling. (246 by the way)

House of Belief A decorating book detailing how to incorporate your personal beliefs and creeds into the way you decorate. Very interesting.

Pilgrim at Tinker Creek by Annie Dillard. I read another of her books and was intriqued by her meandering connotative style. I am enjoying this, but it takes a while to get into.

The Black Stallion on VHS, I had forgotton how beautiful (and pretty much devoid of dialogue) this improbable story was. We watched it last night and I still got a shiver at the end of the race. Seabiscuit meets Cast Away meets Misty of Chincoteuque.

The Essential Bob Dylan on two CDs. I had been missing out on a conversation that everyone else had a long time ago, and now I know what they were talking about. A crack in my cultural understanding has been filled in.

Appalachian Journey with Yo Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer, Mark O'Connor (with James Taylor and Alison Krauss). Roll your nose up if you want to, but this is a stunningly beautiful piece of work and I'm having a hard time not just loading it into my Itunes (which would be very wrong, I know).

The Birth of Soul, Ray Charles 2, 1954-1957 Having just watched the movie Ray, we were curious. I don't dislike the music itself. But it conjurs up the images of adultry from the movie, which you know, pretty much wrecks it.

Debussy La Mer Nocturnes by the Cleveland ORchestra. I might listen to this more, if I wasn't listening to the Yo Yo Ma one so much. It's not my favorite, but it's okay.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You also need, "The Complete Works of John Daker."

Blogging tips