photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I like my job, I like my job, I like my job, I like my job.......

okay, not so much this morning.

I enjoyed a long season of not having any negative feedback on ebay. I worked hard. Sometimes I screwed up, but I tried to communicate to the buyers and make things work. But in the last four months, I have gotten not one, not two, not three, but FOUR negatives.

I realize that in the scope of life, it's not the end of the world, but I'm just going to vent here for a minute and say that one of the negs, I might have deserved because I did a lousy job of packing it. It was the last box I packed before we moved out of the house....and I mean literally, the truck was outside bulging with boxes and I was shuffling around trying not to bawl my eyes out, looking for stuff to pack this box with. Obviously, not stellar work. But I also refunded her money.

The first one never paid me and then complained that she didn't get her item. You can't do much when people won't communicate.

The next lady was a nut job. I mean, genuinely nuts. I can take that. You can't expect to work with the world and not get a nut job.

But today....well, today was just stupid. The lady buys a bowl that I say has no cracks in it. I know it has no cracks in it because I was trying to make money and I wouldn't list a bowl with a crack in it. I ship the bowl in what she herself called "perfect packing" but the bowl arrives with a crack. It was cold in MI, probably sat in a truck or something and snapped. No matter how it got broke, she didn't buy insurance. It only cost 1.30 for insurance. I studied the pics I took before sending it, and was 98 percent sure that there was no crack. But, out of the goodness of my heart, I decided to refund her 10 dollars, about 1/2 of the price. I was trying to be nice. I didn't have to refund her anything because she didn't buy insurance. And all of this happened two months ago. And she decided to sit down and leave me a negative today. Right after the crazy lady. So I have two negs almost in a row. It looks bad, my friends. It looks very bad.

Maybe I should have given all her money back. Maybe I shouldn't have given her anything. I could have avoided the neg, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It seemed untruthful to assume responsibility when she had not purchased insurance.
It seemed like a bad precident.

Well, they say you learn more from failure than from success. I'll have to think this one over....



8 comments:

Unknown said...

maybe you should stop selling things that can brake...

Vanessa said...

really, brake? stop themselves with applied counter pressure?

joking aside, the PO can break anything if they really put their minds to it.

qcjvq: juice of quince

Unknown said...

I was thinking like anvils, or something...

I hear their are a lot of buyers and the market is through the roof on those.

And besides then you could be like everyone else and charge astronomical amounts for shipping and handling.

waan: The name of Santa's elf from south of the border.

Anonymous said...

maybe you should tell the nut jobs how your sister used to beat people up after school for saying mean things about you....then we'll see what breaks.
joel, in your little world can you see Wiley Coyote? Because he's the only persona I could really see hitting the anvil market hard.

viyogav--gearing up for yoga

Robb Ryerse said...

Court, that is a very nice addition to the Joel-bashing comments right there!

bjxilil - no definition necessary ... heehee

Anonymous said...

hey, I do what I can with all my misplaced aggression

Vanessa said...

i have a feeling, J, that ebay is lot like ministry....it doesn't matter what you do, somebody always has their knickers in a bunch over something.

And court, I was wondering when you were going to show up and make me spew coffee from laughing so hard.

ysfifyyd: the way you squirm when your knickers are in a bunch.

Anonymous said...

glad I could help (??). But I don't want to see a posting on how you have 3rd degree burns thanks to your obnoxious little sister...I mean, it's not like you can't just burn yourself on your own, right?
Ron got a job!!!!!! He starts today!!!!!! I scared everyone at work because I was dancing and singing at work....ten bucks says there's a rumor tomorrow that I was high.

Blogging tips