photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Monday, February 16, 2009

The Heartwood Gallery






I worked for the first time at the gallery last Thursday. It was a slow, quiet day with just two customers...who both made purchases! That's a pretty good conversion rate, huh? I was trained in procedures and three of the other artists came in. I learned a great deal about pottery and porcelain and who makes what at the Double Springs Pottery. With so much free time, I spent a little time just taking pictures of what is available there, thinking about how the gallery could earn more loyal customers like the ones who came in that day....both men who had obviously been to the gallery before and were purchasing gifts for someone else. It's a great thing to get into people's minds as a place to find something unique and beautiful, someplace to visit often for inspiration and a pick-me-up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so excited about this new venture for you.

Blogging tips