photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Friday, August 29, 2014

Master Closet turned Tiny Nursery

Our master closet has been anything but a master closet since we moved in almost 5 years ago. It has held Robb's books and tried to be an office. Then it held all my dishes and tried to be a studio.  Then it became the perfect hiding spot to hold all the vintage items in my Etsy shop, The Classic Butterfly. Finally, it has become a tiny space to hold our new tiny human. Situated just off our master bathroom and across the hall from the laundry room, I am happy to have her little room close by and not banished to the upstairs where the three bigs battle for the conch and sole posession of the bathroom.


I love how much love and care has gone into making her room ready, not just from us, but from our dear friends, family and community.  From the hard labor of cutting the door to the soft sweet things for her to wear, she already has a little village of people who love her.

Before: mosaic studio
before: vintage storage

during: removed shelves
during: cut a new door and walled off the old entrance








New door, new gray paint, new light fixture

After: accent wall, shelves, furniture
Dresser : The Velvet Otter Changing pad cover: Land of Nod via Gingiber herself!

We opted for a mini crib: or as they call them in Europe, a crib.

Rocking Chair from an antique store in Prairie Grove

Sheep pillow via Land of Nod, Gingiber design  with some other Etsy finds!

This gorgeous mobile was a gift from the wonderful Kara of  Arch + Craft

A little vintage reading card from Vintage Market Days

Amazing board books from Nightbird Books
And let's not forget, our stash of cloth diapers from Terra Tots!
And finally, this mobile I made of our family: It plays "You are my sunshine."





2 comments:

Into Vintage said...

Far and away that family mobile is my favorite thing in that sweet nursery. Wishing you and your family all the best. xo

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. I am so excited for you. I held two newborns yesterday while I was shooting at the hospital. Both times I thought of you. God has given you such a wonderful blessing.

Blogging tips