photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

In the Garden

 

I'm just going to go ahead and pretend that it hasn't been since April that I last blogged. Apparently, it wore me out or something.

This doesn't look like much, but all of these were transplanted this spring.

Anywhoo... Here is my garden at this, the last week in June. After no significant rain, but lots of trying on my part, to keep it alive and thriving.  I have come to the conclusion that gardening in the South is why they lost the war. I've been doing battle with squash beatles, a fungus, and tomato worms, not to mention what can only be described as "The Damn Heat." 

But I am grateful. We've had many zuchini for lunches already and I'm still really happy to have them. 

And even though it's hard work, there is nothing to beat stress like working in my garden. It helps me remember to breathe, relax and trust the One who clothes the flowers and feeds the birds. 



I'm pretty sure Dusty Millers aren't supposed to be perennials, but these are three years old now.


The NEW garden area. The birds really love to bathe in the birdbath and I love to watch them from the dinner table in the evenings



I've never had to TRELLIS my tomatoes before but these were crazy...probably 7 feet tall.
Herbs.
We're fighting a fungus among us.

It's a jungle back here!
Trying to ward off worms from this giant slicing tomato

Blogging tips