photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Saturday, September 12, 2009

This Week's Projects











What's that you say? How could I still be making stuff when I should be packing and I played single parent all week? Weeeeeellll, let's just say two things: I started most of these two weeks ago. And, I tend to work on inappropriate projects when I am stressed about other ones that I don't feel like I can tackle. So here we go: a bunch for the upcoming craft fair...including my own take on mosaic orbs...I add the teacup handle on them so that they can be used for Christmas ornaments. My favorite is probably the green one with the cameo face.

The blue cake plate is one of the best piecing jobs I've ever done. I made it while listening to the video commentary on the documentary "Grey Gardens" which absolutely deserves it's own post, but I'm not going to do it right now. Let me just say that after watching/listening, I had a greater than normal need for order and neatness.

I've been hankering to do some more decoupage work, too, and I finally got a chance to work out a couple of trash cans that have been lurking in my brain. The Ladies Home Journal, 1960 one is very marketable under the Mad Men genre. The other one is poorly executed, but it has a funny ad for Talon zippers, which were made in my home town.

Finally, I've been seeing some not particularly serviceable cake tier trays that are made just for looks. I married an old victrola record to a etched glass shade to make an interesting platform for candles, buffet serving or just an interesting table scape.

And now...I should probably stop playing and do something more pressing. Although, with the move coming up at an alarming speed, it's all so pressing, I just want to go to bed and put the covers over my head.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Very very nice. Hope you are doing the Sabbath thing again this weekend. I tried it yesterday. It was sweet, although I had to fight feelings of laziness and selfishness all day. But I read a great book, went to bed at 8:30 and feel wonderous.

Tally said...

I love those trash cans!! Great job! And your piecing on the blue tray IS amazing! I agree with you whole-heartedly about Grey Gardens. Big & Little Edie both inspired me to get my act together and paint my pillars and banister on my front porch.

Blogging tips