photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Thursday, April 30, 2009

One foot in front of the other

So today is here and it feels like our best move it to try to keep going on with life. I found myself staring at the world outside my door. It's been raining for days and everything is green. Profoundly green. Leaves on trees. Thick green grass.

After the ice storm, the trees were so shredded and ugly around here. We wondered what spring would look like. It is, shockingly, beautiful. Maybe more beautiful because we are so grateful to see something other than broken, shredded trees.

I am sad. There doesn't seem to be any limit to my tears. I told Karen I would hope for her, so I hoped, right up to the last minute for a last-minute-miracle. And it didn't happen. This terrible thing happened without the slightest anesthesia.

I will try to write more about it when I can. For now, this family is going to concentrate on putting one foot in front of the other.

3 comments:

Sara said...

still praying with tears...I love you guys.

Unknown said...

Ness-

Thank you for your love and support. It has meant more to Matt and I than you know. My only regret is that you and Robb didn't get to hold "our little angel" and she didn't get to meet uncle Bob and aunt Ness. Emilie would have loved you!

Karen

Anonymous said...

Haha! Yes!

That would be awesome.
It is highly apropo.

Blogging tips