photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Friday, October 17, 2008

quick update









One more day of the show, and I (and about 50 other vendors) are hoping that business picks up tomorrow. I sold just two things today around 10 a.m. this morning and then the day went on 'til 8 p.m. Yesterday was pretty good, though. I had a great time networking, however, today. You never know how things will play out when you are able to connect with other people....your ideas plus their ideas....it gets interesting.

I got sick on Wednesday night and lost my voice, not to mention the craziness involved with getting the show together with more ideas than time to execute them. When Thursday morning rolled around, Robb got ready to leave for work and tried to kiss me goodbye and I just cracked....like a fragile little egg. I just burst into tears and begged him not to leave me. And you know what? He took a vacation day and stayed with me. He took the kids to school and got me coffee throughout the day and just generally was my hero. I feel so spoiled and a little ashamed for falling apart, but I was just so freakin' tired and spent and, as we say at our house, frail. I must have told him ten times how much it meant to me to have him be there for me. It was just one of those moments...

Today, my girlfriend Jasmine came to sit with me and help. She helped the day go by so quickly. It made the day very enjoyable, even without making much by way of sales.

So we'll see what happens tomorrow. All total, I have sold 9 out of 40 pieces. I won't feel too badly if it's not all gone because it will be good to have some stuff in my Etsy store. I've met some wonderful people and I have so enjoyed the display and merchandising part of selling that I don't usually get to do with the online store. It's fun to see people's faces as they study each piece. I've gotten a lot of offers to teach some classes, which I will most likely do, when I can. This is the kind of craft you don't mind sharing your tips about since everyone makes it differently.

Enjoy the photos, Mom!

4 comments:

12-arrows said...

you do beautiful work. I wish I could visit your show in person! You also have a real flare for decorating. The displays are wonderful! Praying your day goes better! What a blessing friends are and what a gift to you to have one come and share the day with you!

You have a knight in shining armour and he rescued you!

Jess said...

Congratulations! It all looks fabulous. Love the door and the vintage butterfly mosaics sign. Very, very, stylish.PS: Have you gone over the link on Pioneer Woman's Confessions page about the couple with 4 kids in a plane crash. I keep thinking you would connect with the story, and the mom involved in the crash.

Unknown said...

I hope today is hugely succesful for you : ). Your work is amazing!

Unknown said...

I prayed all day on Saturday that you would sell everything : ). I hope you had a great day!

Blogging tips