photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Saturday, August 16, 2008

SCORE!



It's been awhile since I've been to a garage sale...it's been too hot and I've been too busy and too poor to go. But yesterday I saw an estate sale sign, which I cannot turn down, no matter how poor I am. It was HIGH END goodies with some really phenomenal and EXPENSIVE antiques, but I (with all 3 kids) was able to cull some under-the-radar finds which included: 3 1930s yearbooks for a dollar each (these are highly collectible for historical research.) A broken antique purple china pitcher (what do I care that it's broken? CHOP CHOP!) A bakelite golf trophy for a buck....also weirdly collectible. A band of Brussels lace, a black silk mourning hankie, a pretty white linen hankie. A couple of interesting photographs, a black 1940s train-case, a wooden lazy susan to mosaic, and the best piece....in a bag of cheap pop-beads....a red bakelite bead necklace. Altogether, I spent $8.50. Projected profit: about 100 dollars. There are still treasures to be had!

Oh, and speaking of treasures.... last weekend, I scored these solid wood panel doors from the Boy Scout benefit sale for a dollar each....yeah, Baby! I plan to hinge them together and use that as the main display pieces for the art show.

3 comments:

tammi said...

LOVE the doors....I've seen people make kitchen tables, daybeds and other cool stuff out of old doors. I like to photograph people in front of cool doors....
it makes me happy. :)

Heidi said...

$1 p/door!!! I've been wanting to find doors to decorate with and they're always big $$. Great find and great idea = )

klasieprof said...

the coffee shop uses doors hinged together as room divider, plus they are the yarn shop so hang stuff on them as display.

D.

Blogging tips