photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Friday, August 15, 2008

The Last Day of Summer





SIGH!

we made it....to the last day of summer! Tonight, the kids are going over to the neighbor's house for an end of summer party, and tomorrow Vin starts his adventure in football, so this afternoon, I piled the kids in the car and took them iceskating. I must have selective memory about skating, but I just imagined floating over the ice with the kids holding my hands, having an easy time of it. The truth was that Mattie quickly got the hang of it, Vin was less than steady on his feet for the entire hour, but did eventually let go of my hand long enough to clutch to the wall, and Charleigh pretty much dangled from my arms the entire time. I'm a little tired, but it was SO FUN. Especially when Charleigh calls the Zamboni, "The Jumanji."

3 comments:

Carrie said...

we had zachy's open house at school today. i am so sad he won't have calvin and mattie watching out for him at school. i have to admit i am freaking out a little. can't believe the summer is over. miss you guys!

Vanessa said...

We miss you tons and tons....Charleigh has been telling us that she will "maybe marry Zachy" lately.

I know he's going to love school, but it's okay to freak out. I cried the whole way back home after dropping Mattie off the first day. It gets easier, but it is definitely a whole new stage of life....

Carrie said...

oh and he told his teacher he wants to be called ZACH not Zachy and he informed me he wants to ride the bus.

Blogging tips