photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Monday, March 26, 2007

Consider the Lilies...

Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.



This is the language I learned much of the Bible in. While the Message makes it fresh an practical, this will always be one of my favorite passages in the KJV.

Consider the lilies...indeed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's ironic how God uses others to remind me of truths that i need to continously believe and hope in.

Thanks

Heidi said...

Do you ever read the Message and think "is that what it says?" I find myself reading the Message along with my old Bible so I can see if the old one says what I thought it said all along.

Amber said...

Okay, I know this is totally unrelated to this post, but is Robb ever gonna put the video from Vintage 3.18.07 up on you tube?!!! I've been DYING to see it every day!

Just wondering.... patiently...

Vanessa said...

Consider the lilies, Amber...they don't worry about video....

: )

actually, I think he has uploaded the video to youtube, but I don't know if he's posted it yet....we got a flat tire last night...blahhhhh.

Vanessa said...

And Heidi..yes I do. I'm sometimes surprised.

Amber said...

Tell Robb "THANKS"!

:)

Blogging tips