photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Friday, November 24, 2006

Now THAT was a holiday!

The Marshall's hosted our Thanksgiving feast yesterday and may I just say, that was the slickest, calmest, most relaxing holiday I have had in a long time? The kids were well behaved at the table, I ate until I thought I might explode, and the effects of the turkey and wine completely overwhelmed me; honestly, I didn't know it was possible to sleep that well on somebody else's couch! I didn't lift a finger to clean up...it was all whisked away before I could make a move. The food was FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC....kudos to A for all his culinary accomplishments and Jaye T's decorations were simply lovely. Mattie even got her fill of mashed potatoes! It was a great day with not an ounce of drama...exactly what the doctor ordered.

It is 20 hours later and I think I might be able to manage a piece of pie.

2 comments:

klasieprof said...

Exactly as ours was. My mom came over....NOBODY else, no interlopers seeking drama, very quiet. Made turkey in my new Roaster, Don had the day off which I didn't know about...I had assmbeld a lot the day before as I get tired easy, Joy and Helena made the Deviled eggs, and Just the basics.
Turkey, Dvl eggs, mashed tatos gravy, Forgot bread, no veggies.
then..>Settled in and we all watched "the Polar Express". add to that a new CSI..and it was great.

Unknown said...

I think you might have hit the nail on the head with the "not an ounce of drama" observation. I think that is what set yesterday apart from many others. No drama is good.

Blogging tips