photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Monday, October 09, 2006

Read Robb's Blog too.

It's been a weekend. Since I tend to frame things by what I did, I will let you read between the lines...

Saturday: Woke up from a night-mare where a little boy died in my arms. I think he was one of the Kennedys, don't ask me why. Coffee. Talked through a tough situation with a friend. Removed the double bed from Vin's room for the bunkbeds that were graciouly provided by God on the curb. Work at assembling the bunkbeds, but the power drill got tired quickly. Went to the store to get two new mattresses, which were on sale! Whoo Hoo! Threw kids in tubs to get ready for Saturday Night Church (and can I just say that if Vintage ever has a Saturday Night, that will SO be my choice...I love that time frame.) Met with God and each other. And if you have ever done that, you may have some sense of how you are elated and completely drained at the same time. Put the kids to bed. Ironed tablecloths for Vintage while watching SNL...talk about the rediculous and the sublime!

Sunday: Worshipped as a family...a too rare and wonderful event. Hung out with our Peeps in the food court stuffing an irreligious amount of tacos down my throat. Unloaded the car to reload it with stuff for Sara's apartment. Helped her unpack and get her little apartment looking cute. Came home to find Hubby had folded the eleven loads of laundry I washed all week. Made turkey bratts for supper and attended my version of Sunday Evening Service: Extreme Makeover Home Edition. Clearly, the most redemptive thing on tv. Tucked in the babies. Actually discussed with Hubby the nitty gritty details of his new schedule at FCS, which SUCKS. Watched Tivo'd episode of ER, which, let's just be honest, also sucks. Raided the cupboards for snacks and ended up with a jar of pickles. Hit the hay.

It was a weekend. Now it is time to get to work...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds much like ours only add in alot of driving all over the place and unusual wedding that was more like a class reuinion. I actually feel like I need one more day to sleep it all off and actually be ready for this week sheesh

gerbmom said...

So what's wrong with a jar of pickles...?

Vanessa said...

oh, you always end up hating yourself for it in the morning....

Anonymous said...

You also end up retaining lots of water but at least we don't have to deal with the temptation that came with Mom having the entire pantry full of homemade pickles and dilly beans

Blogging tips