photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Weird Math

I've been thinking lately about how strange the mundane details of our lives are and how they add up to a life spent in service to God.

This is my to do list today:
pack ebay boxes/print labels
wash, iron box of antique clothes to get ready to list on ebay
help Mattie with schoolwork
clean the kitchen
fold laundry
put the kids in a tubby
fix supper
pick up the house
drink a lot of tea and try to fight off this stupid cold


In what economy does this add up? I spend my days in such a bizarre way...for example, yesterday: driving around all day to thrift stores, the post office, the bank, the library, checking out houses, trying to find estate sales that were advertised but never did find them, picking up Robb from work, going to mall to hang out with the fam and window shop, come home, put kids to bed, eat chips for supper, watch random 10 minute portions of 20/20, the nightly news, Nightline, Jimmy Kimmel, and Oprah, before somebody (not me) finally got up and turned off the tv (the remote doesn't work). I don't know if I love it or if I need to get a haircut and a real job.

Chalk this time up to my 40 years in the backside of a desert, I guess. I'm pretty sure there isn't something else I'm supposed to be doing. But it sure ain't the Promise Land.

No comments:

Blogging tips