photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I'm Back!!!

HI EVERYONE! I'm back online! We had quite a run around, but eventually landed on netzero, a dial up (ugh) which isn't too bad and it only costs about 15 dollars a month as opposed to 50 for cable....but enough about commercials.....I've missed you all so much!

And OH the ADvenTurEs wE HaVe hAd!

From dog food pinging the windsheild in Indianapolis to a Border Collie convention at the hotel...

from exploring the charming and welcoming Hollyhock House to unloading the truck in just 2.5 hours (Thank you A & Jaye T, Don, Donnie and Steve)...

from meeting Charles (an ER doctor) and Phyllis (WHO EVER SAID SOUTHERNERS TALK SLOW?) our gracious hosts, to meeting their 32 animals including Hank the Horse, who is allergic to hay....

from getting Mattie caught up in school to Robb finding a job (Assistant Manager of a Christian Book Store!...starting today!)....

from finding my "subculture" of fellow junkers at the estate sales just north of us EVERY WEEKEND, to attending an auction of an antique store/flea market building being EMPTIED (I actually gave up in exhaustion...and there were only about 100 people there)....

from meeting new friends and support at Fellowship Bible Church to having our first Vintage Fellowship business meeting (We voted to make the Marshalls and the Ryerses the leadership team)....

from fighting with the ants and mice to having bad dreams about the spiders.....


I have missed you all so much! I will be posting pics asap ....and for all of you's that we still owe money...don't break our thumbs yet.... and for all of you that we have your stuff, boxes are going out soon... and don't tell Denise, but they say we can stay until after Christmas so we don't have to move at the holidays.....wow, we just have soo much to talk about!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are back online! I've missed talking to you guys. I'm so glad everything is going so well. Do you have a new email? Let me know. And send me an address so I can mail you something. We love you and miss you.
Shari

klasieprof said...

How baffling you are, oh Church,
and yet how I love you!
How you have made me suffer,
and yet how much I owe you!
I should like to see you destroyed,
and yet I need your presence.
You have given me so much scandal
and yet you have made me understand sanctity.
I have seen nothing in the world more
devoted to obscurity, more compromised,
more false, and I have touched nothing more pure,
more generous, more beautiful.
How often I have wanted to shut the doors
of my soul in your face, and how often
I have prayed to die in the safety of your arms.
No, I cannot free myself from you, because
I am you, although not completely.
And where should I go?
-Carlos Carretto

RAN across this in my reading..thot you may get somethign from it.
Donna

jvumntag: the game kids play in june when they run around and touch each other to see "who's it"

Vanessa said...

what a stunning quote! I think I'm going to put it out on the front page so no-one misses it. Amazing.

how are you honey?

aswbfhl: what Jaye T says when she sneezes...only louder.

Blogging tips