photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Friday, June 12, 2009

Fruit of the Vroom



I've been working hard and fast on my latest mosaics and these are the result. I am excited to be able to put them up on Etsy, especially since my vintage-thrill-seeking trip was cut short today by a horrendous storm. I found myself watching the tree tops while driving, thinking they can't be very strong after the ice storm. I could just picture a tree dropping on the minivan. I made Robb stay on the phone with me while I drove just in case it happened...I didn't want to be squooshed out on some back road, unable to reach my phone. Fortunately we made it home in one piece and ran for the front door, which was nearly flooded. Safely inside, I was chatting with a friend when a clap of thunder was so loud, it knocked a lamp off our bedside table.

It looks like these storms are just part of life for awhile. Just look at the pictures from when one went through a couple of nights ago. There was a quality to the light that told me for sure to look for a rainbow out front. Sure enough....

6 comments:

Sara said...

Beautiful we had some wicked storms the last two nights as well.

Burch said...

Love the silhouette on the blue potters, and the brownish mirror thing is so adorable... it reminds me of the cupboard in Beauty and the Beast... I might have to visit Esty.

Anonymous said...

Yay rainbows!

Anonymous said...

Just a little feedback...I tried to click on the mosaic photo to get to your Etsy, but there wasn't the link. When I went to your Etsy page, I couldn't find the mosaic...I might be interested in the white frame one.

Have a lovely Sunday :)

Vanessa said...

Hi Kara,

thanks for checking Etsy! I haven't had a chance to list these pieces yet...They should be up soon. I'll let you know when I do!

V

Anonymous said...

Oh, okey dokey :)

Blogging tips