photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Shhhhh.

I am desperately trying to find the way back into my soul, which I seem to have lost in the last couple of months of frenetic activity. It seems like you go through these seasons in life when all your worship and prayer and commitment and focus is outward activity. You don't stop and think, you just go, do and accomplish. That's certainly how things have been for me for the last three solid months. I've never had time fly by me so quickly.

But now, with the first hard frost, I smell a more internal season coming, and I am grateful. Football is over, the building is mostly done, the garden is frozen, the house has been de-cluttered and re-packed, and the art shows are over. I'm desperately hoping for a soft, quiet place to sit still and listen for God (oh wait...I think I have that!) My soul is cluttered. I am out of balance, out of sorts. I am tired. I am empty. I am hungry and weak.

This is where I sit down quietly. Care to join me?

4 comments:

gerbmom said...

Most definitely. I find myself, like you,craving some solitude and down time, time to be quiet and listen and reconnect. Trouble is, I work five days a week in a grade school....
When I get home all I want is quiet, and of course my family wants me - my time, my ear, food, etc.
I'm finding despite the little bit of alone time I do manage to get I'm still wobbling out of control....So tho I get some alone time it is very unproductive. sigh.
I think I need a retreat! LOL.

klasieprof said...

Yes.

Unknown said...

I love how you write : )!

Anonymous said...

I am desperately trying to find the way back into my soul, which I seem to have lost in the last couple of months of frenetic activity.

Thank you for more eloquently expressing how I feel. This is perfect. I'm pulling up a chair with you as we speak...

Blogging tips