photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Friday, April 11, 2008

RIP, my poor Aztek....


Robb aptly identified the feeling we are experiencing today after making the decision to "put the Aztek down." It's exactly like losing a pet.

You know in one way that it's not the same as a person, but on the other hand, you have all these memories and you put so much into taking car of it...I frankly loved that darn car. I loved how much I could squeeze into it. I loved that we drove it all over the country, from Michigan to Virginia, from Arkansas to Upstate New York. I loved that it was blue jeans that you didn't worry about spilling stuff on or driving through mud puddles and dirt roads in. I have slept in it, eaten in it, cried in it, done naughty things in it, hauled insane amounts of junk in it, and all of the kids have taken turns throwing up, peeing in or spilling pop on it. It had a cooler and it could fill up its own tires. I wanna play a country song backwards so I can get it back. We've had it for six of our craziest years and it's paid for...and then some. Today, the insurance man will show up at my door with a check that won't even come close to getting a new one. With 180 thousand miles on it, it had the "check engine soon" light on for months and the brakes were nearly gone....again. So really, we are coming out ahead, I suppose. But I will miss our weird, wonderful old car.

5 comments:

Ron said...

Mini-van... come join us Ness, it's divine bliss...

Anonymous said...

better yet...a station wagon...with wood siding...

Anonymous said...

drink the kool-aid! it's yummy!

i know how you feel though. i hated getting rid of my old grand am b/c it's the car i brought the girls home from the hospital in and myriad other memories from my pre-mommy days. RIP Aztek.

Sandy said...

a chevy avalanche...best of both worlds.

Mini Me's Room said...

but that car was like your baby!! :(

Blogging tips