photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Monday, August 27, 2007

Thank Goodness for the Small Miracles

So it is once again the end of the grocery cycle and we are out of pull-ups, diapers or anything else to put on a Charleigh. Last night, I was so exhausted (church, lunch, 4 mile walk followed by a swim with the kids, waffles for supper and our Sunday night AFV ritual, plus the bedtime routine) I just wanted the kids to go to bed. It never even occurred to me that nobody had changed Charleigh for bedtime.

So this morning, at 6:30 a.m. while I contemplated the day, it came to me in a flash that we ran out of pullups on Saturday night...WHAT was I gonna find in her bed...ugh...

What I found was a dry little girl. While I congratulated her, while sitting her on the potty, she excitedly pointed to the three Princesses on her little undies..."They are proud of me too for not peeing on them!"

What could I possibly add to that?
 
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! give the little one a high-five from Dora...who didn't pee on her pull-ups last night; instead she puked up dinner on them! we will never eat spaghetti here again...

Sara said...

YEAH FOR CHARLEIGH, I'm proud of her and happy for you...

Anonymous said...

you could add that she has to be one of the cutest children on earth.

klasieprof said...

Here's chuck, modeling her career choice...Pole dancing.

The money's right...excercise!!

Ron said...

she is soooo cute! Tell her I'm glad I didn't pee on Spiderman last night so I can relate.

Candice said...

What a big girl-congrats to you, too, Ron!

Amy said...

I heard on the radio this morning that mother's in Africa and Asia potty train their BABIES b/c they don't have diapers there.

So, it's catching on here I guess; a new trend with SAHM, apparently.

I'm looking into it right now. Sounded sort of strange.

Amy said...

Here's one just one link I found about this method:

http://babyparenting.about.com/cs/pottytraining/f/infantpt.htm

Amy said...

Oh Yeah, I forgot:

Way to go Charleigh!!!

Way to go Ness!!!

Go buy that girl a Barbie (non-leaded, of course).

Amber said...

Yea for Charlie!!!

I'm so happy for her... and you. :D

Blogging tips