photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Monday, October 03, 2005

What my mother taught me

Our dear friend and mentor, Dr. Carter, was an amazing person and a real character at times. Sometimes when things would happen behind the scenes at his churches or at the college, things that were less than honorable, less than right and just, I would ask what he thought about it. He would clamp his lips together with obvious effort, or sometimes stick out his tongue and bite down on it. The first time he did this, I had to ask..."What are you doing????"

"I'm practicing what my mother taught me," with a twinkle in his eyes.

"What's that?"

"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."


So I'm practicing what Dr. Carter's mother taught him.

1 comment:

Robb Ryerse said...

Wise choice. I love you.

Blogging tips